A Roman Catholic Church within the Diocese of Lansing located in Ann Arbor. The Pastor is Fr. James Conlon. The parish has approximately 2,800 registered families (6,900 total members) and operates St. Francis School, a Catholic preschool, elementary, and middle school.
Address: 2250 E. Stadium Blvd Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone number: 734-769-2550
The Parish was established in 1950 with Fr. Leon O. Kennedy as Pastor, and the first church building (facing St Francis Drive, and now the school music room) opened on Easter Sunday, 1951. The School opened in the Fall of 1952, and was staffed in part by Adrian Dominican Sisters. A larger sanctuary (now the school gym) was built in 1956. The present church was designed by James P. Wong and completed in 1969. It seats 1,000 and has an impressive mechanical action organ with 34 stops and 45 ranks. As a result, it is a venue for some University Musical Society events.
The sod around the current sanctuary was donated in 1969 when the field at Michigan Stadium was converted to artificial turf. It remains as holy ground today.