Chicoans are people who live in Chico.
Many Native Chicoans who leave the area continue to identify themselves as Chicoans, and there is a strong tendency for these people to return, as a visit or to relocate. Whatever the case may be, he or she will always be a Chicoan. You'll often run into Chicoans vacationing in places like Fort Bragg.
Please note that in Chico we are "Chicoans", whereas people in Fresno are "Fresnans", not "Fresnoans"; people in Sacramento are "Sacramentans", not "Sacramentoans"; and even people in Reno are called "Renoites," not "Renoans." This is obviously due to the fact that Chicoans are very special.
- Emily Azevedo - Bobsledder in the 2010 Winter Olympics who was raised in Chico
- Amanda Detmer - Hollywood actress who got her start in "Stolen Innocence" (which was filmed in Chico) and has since starred in several major films
- Thomas Fleming - An African American that help found San Francisco's weekly newspaper The Reporter in 1944. Raised in Chico, he lived in San Francisco for 60 years.
- Roxanne Ford - Also known as Roxy Ford. Roxanne is a contestant on TVLand's 2008 modeling competition, She's Got the Look.
- Barbara Manning - Indie rock pioneer, often called the Grande Dame of indie rock. Currently plays with several local bands, including Sleaze Tax and Champion
- Aaron Rodgers - Was tapped to be starting Quarterback for the National Football League's Packers on March 4, 2008
2009-01-13 17:43:47 o i heard of them! to bad i dont care... —188.8.131.52
2009-01-25 10:47:37 Thomas Fleming appears to be quite a remarkable person! —RyanMikulovsky
2009-04-15 22:18:29 Roxanne Ford and Barbara Manning, but no Bidwells? What? —184.108.40.206
2009-04-16 06:51:49 I think the Bidwells go without saying — they have quite a bit of text on the History page and a tons of other figures important to Chico history at the Historic Directory. But feel free to add them :-) —RyanMikulovsky