Married: Irene Pratt
Children: Mrs. Jack Walker
Frank E. Sheldon was a village trustee in 1910, 1911 and 1921, and the Saranac Lake Chief of Police from 1921 to 1926. He also served as justice of the peace of the Town of Harrietstown from 1935 to his death.
He is buried in Pine Ridge Cemetery.
Lake Placid News, March 16, 1951
Judge Sheldon, 75, Buried on Tuesday
Frank E. Sheldon, 75, Justice of peace of the Town of Harrietstown nearly 16 years and a life resident of Saranac Lake, died late Saturday afternoon in Saranac Lake General Hospital after a cerebral hemorrhage suffered while at work March 1.
Judge Sheldon was a prominent figure in civic and community affairs. During his years as justice he married more than 100 couples.
He was born in the Sheldon homestead, River street, Saranac Lake, March 20, 1875, the son of William and Malinda Wiggins Sheldon. He received his education in the old schoolhouse that stood where Hotel Saranac now is situated, and Jan. 6, 1895, he married the former Irene Pratt of Lake Placid.
He went into the trucking business in Saranac Lake and continued until 1920 when he sold it to John Norman and James Vurran. In April, 1921, he was appointed police chief and served until 1926. In the same year, Mr. Sheldon and his family moved to Tupper Lake where he was police chief until 1933.
Returning to Saranac Lake that year, he was elected justice of the peace of the Town of Harrietstown in 1935, the office he held at the time of his death.
Surviving Mr. Sheldon are his wife, a daughter, Mrs. Jack Walker of Glastonbury, Conn.; a granddaughter, Mrs. Charles E. Martin, Jr., and two grandsons, Charles Martin 3d and Harry D. Martin, all of Farmington, Conn.; and a brother, Ernest Sheldon, of Saranac Lake.