Address: 267 Kiwassa Road
Old Address: 40 Kiwassa Street
Other Names: Sutton Cottage (1932) DIS 1932
Year built: before 1925
The house was first owned by John R. Freer, president of the Adirondack National Bank in the 1920s. In 1926, the house was rented by Bettie and Hallie Sutton who had moved to Saranac Lake due to Hal's TB. They eventually bought the house and added the wing with the cure porches. Hal Sutton died in 1939.
2010-03-05 12:02:06 Alfred Eisenstaedt, Life magazine photopgrapher, photopgraphed this house in 1937. The photograph can be found at: