Williams Cottage

Address: 15 Cliff Road

Old Address: 50 Baker Street

Other names: McBean Cottage (1929) DIS

Year built: before 1929

According to the 1916 TB Directory, the Williams Cottage, run by Mrs. Henry Brainerd Williams, had room for seven patients, had seven cure porches and charged $20-50 per week.

Norwegian discoverer and ethnographer Carl Sofus Lumholtz stayed here from December 1921 to May 1922, before his death from T.B.

Other historic properties

Comments

Nearby LocalWiki regions: Montréal Arlington Massachusetts Historic Rock Island Syracuse Finger Lakes Hudson Valley

LocalWiki is a grassroots effort to collect, share and open the world’s local knowledge. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Learn more.

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. See Copyrights.