These are some of the best outdoor trails and hiking areas in and around San Jose, CA and Santa Clara County! If your favorite local hiking area or trail is not yet listed please click on the "new user" link above, get a free wiki account, learn about editing on the wiki, then post your information about hiking trails here.
Nearby Hiking Trails in Santa Clara County
- Almaden Lake Park and Los Alamitos Creek Trail
- Bald Mountain Trail in the Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve
- Bay Area Ridge Trail. The Bay Area Ridge Trail project is building a multi-use trail on the ridgeline surrounding San Francisco Bay. Santa Clara County segments of the trail that have been completed: Mission Peak Regional Preserve and Ed. R. Levin County Park, Alum Rock Park and Boccardo Trail Corridor, Joseph D. Grant County Park, Coyote Lake Harvey-Bear Ranch County Park, Mt. Madonna County Park, Penitencia Creek Trail, Coyote Creek Parkway, Santa Teresa County Park and Los Alamitos/Calero Creek Trail, Almaden Quicksilver County Park, Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve. See the Trail Tracker - Bay Area Ridge Trail - pdf.
- Black Mountain Trail
- Copernicus Peak. Highest point in Santa Clara County (elevation 4360 ft.).
- Cottonwood Creek Wildlife Area
- El Toro Peak Trail Elevation 1400 ft.
- Guadalupe River Trail
- Los Alamitos Creek Trail
- Los Gatos Creek Trail
- San Francisco Baytrail. This trail completely encircles San Francisco Bay, in most places at or near the shoreline. Trail map: San Mateo & Santa Clara Counties (pdf).
- San Luis Reservoir Wildlife Area
- Stevens Creek Trail
- The Dish (landmark)
- Uvas Canyon County Park
- Dog Park Directory - Santa Clara County
- Hikes with your dog in San Jose and the Bay Area - Stacy's Wag'N'Train.
- MountainTravelGuide - Santa Clara County California Hiking Trails 30 trails linked.
- Southbay Ramblers Hiking Trail Guides. Maps & descriptions for 23 hiking spots in San Jose city and Santa Clara County.
- SummitPost, Santa Clara County. Trails to the peaks: Bald Mountain, Black Mountain, Copernicus Peak, El Sereno, El Sombroso, Guadalupe Rock, Mount Isabel, Jackass Peak, Loma Prieta, Monument Peak, Ralph's Mountain, Mount Stakes, Mount Umunhum.
- Waterfalls of California - Santa Clara County. Basin Falls, Black Rock Falls, Triple Falls, Upper Falls, Uvas Falls.
Hiking Trails in San Benito County
- Fremont Peak State Park
- Pinnacles National Park The National Monument was re-designated as a National Park in 2013.
- San Benito Mountain Natural Area
- San Benito Mountain. High point for San Benito County (elevation 5241 feet).
Hiking Trails Outside Santa Clara County
- Hiking Trails in San Francisco Bay Area. Hiking areas, trails & parks in the counties surrounding SF Bay.
- Hiking in Contra Costa County - Walnut Creek Wiki
- Hiking in Alameda County - Berkeley Wiki
- Hiking in San Mateo County - East Palo Alto Wiki
- Hiking - Santa Cruz Wiki
- Hiking Trails in California. Statewide lists of trails, parks & hiking areas organized geographically by county.
- California Hiking Trails Directory National, State & County Parks, Hiking Trails Lists, Hiking Clubs, & Photos.