La Selva Beach is a community off of San Andreas Road.

The view towards Santa Cruz from the bluffs above the beach

History

In 1925 the property was purchased by David Batchelor who started it as a retreat with horse riding, cottages, bath houses, and a private beach. It was named Rob Roy. The name was changed to La Selva Beach in 1935. La Selva means "The Forest" in Spanish. In the 1970's the city convinced state government to remove "Beach" from the direction signs.

Community

Businesses

Transportation

Related Links

This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.

 

Nearby LocalWiki regions: San Jose, California Santa Clara Fremont California Alameda San Francisco Berkeley

LocalWiki is a grassroots effort to collect, share and open the world’s local knowledge. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Learn more.

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. See Copyrights.

Map data CC-BY-SA OpenStreetMap. Map tiles via MapBox.