- 1990's — The internet as we know it (well, sort of) is born.
- 1994 — The first official Wiki, titled WikiWikiWeb, hits the internet.
- January 2001 — Wikipedia debuts.
- October 2004 — Daviswiki, a wiki for the town of Davis, California, goes public.
- Aaron Lehman contacts Philip @ Davis Wiki, asking for help setting up a wiki. Philip and Amit help Aaron set up the SCWiki.
- February 27, 2006 — The first edit to this wiki was made by AaronLehmann
- December 2009 — wiki spot became an official 501(c)3 non-profit! All contributions to Wiki Spot became tax-deductible.
- June 2010 LocalWiki, from the founders of wiki spot, was awarded a $350,000 grant.
Front Page News Archive
As of Sep 2009, the Santa Cruz Wiki has 3600 pages!
Wednesday, 19 December 2007 — There is a new Santa Cruz Wiki logo candidate posted at the Logo Vote page! Take a look and post your vote or comments.
As of 25 September 2007, the Santa Cruz Wiki now has 900 pages! Chip in and we'll hit 1,000 in no time flat.
|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|