Mission Dolores was founded on June 29, 1776. It is the oldest intact building in all of San Francisco and the only mission chapel still intact to be built under the direction of Father Junipero Serra.  Its original location was near the village of Chutchui,  which was at the current corner of Camp and Albion streets. It was moved to its current location in 1791.

Nearby LocalWiki regions: Alameda Berkeley Richmond, CA Walnut Creek Concord Vallejo

LocalWiki is a grassroots effort to collect, share and open the world’s local knowledge. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Learn more.

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. See Copyrights.

Map data CC-BY-SA OpenStreetMap. Map tiles via MapBox.