GAZE UPON ITS SPLENDOR (photo by Jon Sullivan from pdphoto.org)

The Palace of Fine Arts was built for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition and remains the only structure left  from the fair. Greek and Roman architecture themes influenced Palace designer, Bernard Maybeck. In 1965, the Palace was stripped to its bare metal and rebuilt for future generation to enjoy.

The Palace is inside a park of the same name with a large lagoon. Adjoining the palace is a theater, and a fun for all ages science museum.

3301 Lyon St at the north east corner of The Presidio

Links

Nearby LocalWiki regions: Alameda Berkeley Richmond, CA Walnut Creek Concord Vallejo

LocalWiki is a grassroots effort to collect, share and open the world’s local knowledge. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Learn more.

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. See Copyrights.

Map data CC-BY-SA OpenStreetMap. Map tiles via MapBox.