Horses are fairly popular in Vacaville, neigh? There are probably even more people who just love horses and want to find out where they can get some experience with them. This page hopes to bring you all things related to both Vacaville and horses.
Instruction, Training, Rentals & Clubs
- Topiary Farms is located at 5204 Maple Road, Vacaville, CA 95687, offers high quality, professional, and safe horseback riding lessons, available for both adult amateurs and children of all skill levels. Our combined staff has been teaching for 35 years. From learning the basics of Western and English riding, to just wanting a better partnership with your horse for recreational riding, to Dressage and Jumping at the show level. Come and experience our horses in person and gain the confidence and knowledge about the wonderful world of horses or bring your own horse.
- Buckeye Ranch & Saddle Shop
Boarding & Stables
Breeding & Rescues
- Cowgirl Dream Ranch
- Pine Trails Ranch
- Rising Star Stables
- New Albion
- Yolo County Animal Shelter
- Thoroughbred Friends
Tack and Feed Stores
Events & Other Organizations
- http://www.historicnelsonranch.com/event_info.html Historic Nelson Ranch - Horse Shows and Events. We have English and Western schooling shows with great awards. These are nice for kids starting out and we have rated AQHA, APHA and SAHJA shows
- Annual Horse Production Sale by UC Davis
- Horse Day Symposium
- http://www.horsexpo.com/ Western States Horse Expo, held every 2nd weekend in June at Sacramento Cal Expo Center. Wide variety of clinicians, vendors, trucks, trailers, saddles, tack, clothing, just about anything you want, they've got. They even have a 2 day horse auction! Biggest horse event in the western states!
- Western States Trail Ride Also known as the Tevis Cup, a 100 mile trail ride from Truckee to Auburn done in one day.
2008-07-13 13:06:20 Does anyone have a recommendation for horse lessons that are held on the weekends? Can't make it to weekday classes. —atwong
- Most of the private locations will have something on the weekends. I know Pine Trails does (kids ride there). Rocksanddirt