The Fourteenth was organized at Ypsilanti under the supervision of Colonel Robert P. Sinclair, mustering into the service of the United States on the 13th of February, 1862 with an enrollment of 925 officers and men. It was mustered out of service on July 18th 1865, then sent to Detroit where it arrived on the 21st. It was paid off and disbanded on July 29, 1865.

Over the course of the Civil War, this regiment had 1629 members, of whom 36 were killed in action, 17 died of wounds, 163 died of disease and 1 died in a Confederate prison.

The regimental headquarters were the barracks in Depot Town now known as the Thompson Building.

Sources

Nearby LocalWiki regions: Canton, MI Detroit Windsor Toledo Grand Rapids Cleveland

LocalWiki is a grassroots effort to collect, share and open the world’s local knowledge. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Learn more.

Except where otherwise noted, this content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. See Copyrights.